PDA

View Full Version : Passed TS1, DIAG H2, CFG H3

ccdp1x
11-12-2018, 05:10 PM
that is a feedback from one guy in our group study.

Firstly I want to thank CC Dreamer and Combat for their guidance in passing the exam.
The material that they have provided plus their guidance helps make passing this difficult exam easy.

This was my third attempt (the first two I gave through self study and without C4C and .. failed).
Guidance provided by C4C helped a great deal in helping me clear.

I got H3-CFG , TS1 and H2 Diag.

First and foremost however - Before the exam you need to be fully rested. In my second exam, I was sleep deprived before the exams and made mistakes even with simple Tshoot questions.
Hence, this time I ensured that I rested properly and that helped.

TS1
-------
The questions were similar to that in the Workbook. There variations were as per those in the workbook.
I finished the TS1 section in 1.5 hrs time after double confirming all the questions 3 times.

H2 Diag
---------
Exactly the same as in the workbook. Even the packet number was #193.

TS3
-----
no spanning-tree mst simulate pvst global was configured. Corrected this.
I spent some time in ensuring that I didnot mess up the port channel config (shut the int during config) and then did no shut of the port channel.
Applied errdisable/portfast configs at the end of all L1 configs. HEnce didnot face any issues with the port channels.

After section 1, I configured upto 2.4
OSPF is HQ was exactly same (including interface numbers).
OSPF in DC1 was preconfigured. All I had to do was enable prefix suppression.
Double confirmed DC2 c
onfigurations before proceeding to MO.
MO was fully ocnfigured. Added Next-hop-self on R40. R41 was correctly configured. OSPF was configured. Just needed to double confirm.
Had no access to R100.

After 2.4, I moved to Section 3
MPLS, NAT and IPSec same a WB.

IPV6 nd ra guard needed hop limit of 2 config. Also, added device role as host.
SNMP, QoS, HSRP sections exactly same as WB.

After completing the 3,4 and 5 sections, I moved back to 2.4.

The rest of the 2.4 to end was exactly same as wb.
I didnot however deny 10.0.0.0/16 or the 123.X.X.X in the prefix list as they were not getting sent out to the DC prefixes.

Got the variation of IPV6 where there was no IPV6 igp 14,15 or 111. hence configured BGP neighborship using connected interfaces.

Finished all the sections with 2 hours to spare. This is crucial since verification of the configurations takes time.
I spent the next 2 hrs doubleconfirming all the configs. Ensured that internet and end to end connectivity was up from all remote sites (including Home office)
Checked redundancy by shutting down each of the 4 internet gateways. For internet, I needed to overload the NAT pools. Same as in WB.

In Multicast, my mapping agent kept flapping between DC1 and HQ. I let it be. Didnot try to correct it.
Also, in IPsec over LAN, I got the end device as 10.7.0.1/24. Exam had empty accesslist configured. I used the same names after adding the necessary changes.

In the end, to pass this exam you need to know the WBs well. Also, you need in depth knowledge of the technologies in the WB. That will help you deal with anything thats
thrown at you in the exams.
Also, I was very careful to always check for preconfiguration and only change them if specifically told to (as in the WAN section).

beece2003
11-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Hi ccdp1x ,

please share pre configuration for R24 and R71 for section 3.4 L2LIPSec. please provide solution for this section. because crypto session shows down

nokuta
11-20-2018, 02:02 AM
Hi ccdp1x ,

please share pre configuration for R24 and R71 for section 3.4 L2LIPSec. please provide solution for this section. because crypto session shows down

check in R71 with access-list, and it depends on the question, output that you will get.